Monday, May 25, 2009

Best friends.


Why is it that throughout your entire life, it seems like it's always your best friends that end up moving away? This blog has been a long time coming, and is written in tribute to our dear best friends, Steve and Lauren Rule.

May 2nd, a roller coaster of a day really which included many different kinds of tears - happy tears, relieved tears, grateful tears, and heartbroken tears. The day started with graduation and a family party and ended with waving goodbye as the Rules pulled out of the parking lot to move to Chicago. After crying for about twenty minutes (Whitney, not Alex) we decided two things. 1 - our social lives are over. 2 - we can't bear looking at #31 empty or with anyone else in it so we're just going to have to move. So we did! Across the street...But still, it has helped to heal the hole left in our now empty hearts and social lives.

Before the Rules left we told them that we hope that they hate Chicago and are totally miserable, that way they would come back to Logan to play with us again! All joking aside though, we love Steve and Lauren and wish them the best in the Windy City. Plans for our friendship in the future include us moving to Chicago to be close to them, them moving back here, and the four of us going on a cruise next spring break - whatever happens first. :)

Steve and Lauren, althought we hope you're happy, just take Calamity Jane's words as ours and remember that the Windy City ain't got what we got, no siree!



3 comments:

  1. Great Post!! Whit I need your phone number. I got a new phone and don't have it. E-mail me ASAP with you number, I want to call you.

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex and Whitney-
    We feel the same as you do! Almost everyday each of us says to eachother "Where are the Putnams? Why aren't they here?" Or We were in church yesterday and Steve leaned over and said, "I feel like I should just turn my head and the Putnams should be right there!" Believe me when I say that our Social lives are also shot. You are the bestest friends and you have touched our hearts. Whitney...I also cried for the next 20 minutes to my mom as we drove away. We tell everyone about you, and how wonderful you are! We are so grateful for you, and grateful that we will remain friends forever!! We can't wait to see you soon, and we really CAN'T wait for our Spring Break cruise!!!!! We love you guys and miss you to pieces!!

    P.S. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete